Cosmetic dentistry helps you get a better smile. It involves various procedures which are intended to improve the aesthetics of your teeth and your entire dental setup. We, at Los Alto Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, offer various cosmetic dentistry procedures to make sure you get the best smile possible.
What are the advantages of cosmetic dentistry?
- It helps improve the color of the teeth, i.e. it makes them whiter by getting rid of the stains.
- Excessive space between adjacent teeth can be eliminated.
- It can be used to change the shape, size, and alignment of teeth.
- Damaged teeth, such as cracked, fractured, chipped and worn out teeth can be restored to their original shape.
- An improper bite can be corrected.
- Failed restorations can be repaired.
What are the various cosmetic dental options that we offer?
- Dental veneers: Veneers are thin plate-like dental appliances which can be bonded to the surface of a tooth. They are used to solve various dental issues such as spacing, chipped teeth, worn out teeth, cracked teeth, discolored teeth, crooked teeth and teeth which are too small or too big. They are bonded to the surface of the teeth with the help of adhesives.
- Teeth whitening: This procedure helps get rid of the stains from the surface of the teeth, making them look whiter. It also helps in removing the bacteria from the teeth surface. The whitening gel is used for this purpose. Getting whitening done is a serious confidence booster.
- Composite fillings: Composite fillings are used to fill cavities and restore cracked and fractured teeth. They have great aesthetic features as they can be made to exactly match the enamel of teeth, therefore making them almost unnoticeable.
- Dental implants: They are regarded as the best solution to missing teeth by most dentists. They are a permanent solution and offer many advantages such as high durability, high strength, restoring of the functionality of the mouth, prevention of further tooth loss, etc. They are fixed to the jawbone with the help of metal studs.
- Inlays: They are custom made fillings which are made up of porcelain or composite. They can be used to resolve various issues such as decayed teeth, cracked or fractured teeth, fillings which are improperly done, damaged fillings, etc.
- Onlay: They are alternatives to dental crowns and can be used to fill cavities and restore damaged teeth. They're used when one or more of the chewing cusps are damaged.
- Bonding: Bonding is the process of application of a resinous material on the surface of a tooth to change its shape and size. When teeth are too short, damaged or improperly spaced, bonding helps in restoring them.
- Crowns and bridges: Crowns are thin shells or caps which are used to cover an entire tooth. They help restore damaged teeth and also improve the aesthetics of discolored teeth. Bridges help replace missing teeth. They look exactly like natural teeth and hence, blend in with the existing teeth.